Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Dilshad leaves today

In Kurdish 'Dilshad' means 'happy heart' and this applies perfectly to Dilshad who works in the hotel. Both Dilshad and his brother work in the Mihrako and like all the staff are very friendly and helpful. He works in the restaurant during breakfast, clearing tables and washing dishes and looks after me making sure I have the freshest bread, the best fruit and anything else he thinks I might need. He really has a good heart.

Although from Mosul, he is going to study computers for two years in Duhok as Mosul is too dangerous. I hope the studies go well as Dilshad is not the sharpest knife in the drawer and when I jokingly told him that the singer Adele was Kurdish, he believed me! He did see the joke but I felt really mean....


No comments:

Post a Comment